Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. is one of the largest human services providers in California. The agency operates a variety of programs to serve the poor and strives to find permanent solutions to crisis situations by offering clients the tools and resources they need to achieve greater self-reliance and stability in their lives.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for the overall financial plans of the Agency. While keenly overseeing the overall accounting process, the CFO will establish and direct accounting practices, relationships with lending institutions, Archdiocese and banks. In addition, this key member of the senior management team will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the Agency.
- Directs the Controller in providing and directing procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Directs the Controller in activities as custodian of the funds, securities, and assets of the agency.
- Appraises the agency’s financial situation and assesses periodic financial and operating reports.
- Directs and coordinates the establishment of corporate budget programs.
- Cooperates with management in coordinating expenditures in programs with forecasted cash flow.
- Directs, consolidates and analyzes all accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports, including any desirable analysis of monthly divisional and regional reports.
- Directs the agency’s insurance programs.
- Analyzes, consolidates, and directs all cost Accounting Procedures together with other statistical and Routine Reports.
- Directs and analyzes studies of general economic, business and financial conditions and their impact on the agency’s policies and operations.
- Directs and develops the Agency’s Capitol expenditure plan in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer.
- Acts as overall coordinator of all audit functions pertaining to the agency.
- Directs the development and maintenance of the management information system.
- Over sees and supervises the finance, accounting, facilities and information systems departments.
- Bachelor’s degree with preference towards Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field.
- 7 -10 years of progressively responsible financial/managerial experience.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are an absolute must to provide the strategic and visionary leadership to the Agency.
- Possess the highest moral and ethical standards.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and financial reporting Software.
Salary: Compensation package includes competitive pay, excellent benefits, generous time off, and retirement savings plan.
Location: Corporate Office – Downtown Los Angeles
How to Apply: Mail cover letter and resume to Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc., P.O. Box 15095, Los Angeles, CA 90015, fax (213)251-3402 or email to email@example.com