Client Resources Coordinator II – Youth Build / AYES
Archdiocesan Youth Employment Services (AYES) of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles is seeking a quality individual with strong commitment to excellence and community service. AYES is the leading youth provider of career and employment services in Los Angeles.
The YouthBuild program provide low-income young people the opportunity to learn construction skills through building affordable housing for homeless and low-income people in their neighborhoods and other community assets such as schools, playgrounds, and community centers. This program is for unemployed young people who left high school without a diploma. YouthBuild is an opportunity to reclaim their educations, gain the skills they need for employment, become leaders in their communities and break the cycle of poverty with a commitment to work, education, family, and community.
The Client Resources Coordinator will be a support higher level Coordinators in the provision of a variety of projects and daily operation of the program.
- Responsible for determining clients’ eligibility for Agency programs or referral to government programs.
- Interview and obtains background information from clients, initiates and processes casework, identifies applicant’s needs and makes appropriate referrals for health, social and employment services.
- Assist clients to complete and submit application forms for government and other social service agencies.
- Provide support services to individuals residing in the community.
- Make routine community contacts with such institutions as schools, medical facilities and social service department.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of client orientations.
- Assist in the scheduled mailing for screening interviews.
- May evaluate actual living conditions of clients through home visits.
- Prepare reports and related analysis for data.
- Two years college required.
- Six to twelve months of related experience.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
$11.34 – $18.89 plus excellent benefits package to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 12 Paid vacation Days per year, 10 paid sick days per year and 12 paid holidays per year.
How to apply – Simultaneously mail, email or fax resume and cover letter to both (1) Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Human Resources Department; P.O. Box 15095, Los Angeles, CA 90015, email@example.com Fax: (213) 251-3402, EOE; and (2) Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org