Volunteer Services Director – Corporate
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. is one of the largest human services providers in California. The agency operates a variety of programs to serve the poor and strives to find permanent solutions to crisis situations by offering clients the tools and resources they need to achieve greater self-reliance and stability in their lives.
Catholic Charities is seeking a Volunteer Services Director who will report to the Human Resources Director and manage and coordinate all aspects of the Volunteer Services Program, to include the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership, strategic planning and implementation for the organization’s volunteers.
- Develop, manage and expand a strong volunteer base, including outreach, recruitment and screening.
- Strengthen and enhance volunteer orientation, training, continuing education, and communication using adult learning principles.
- Develop and enhance the use of systems for program planning, management and tracking of training, continuing education, scheduling, volunteer hours, compliance and other important program components.
- Prepare statistical reports for the organization and government agencies.
- Develop, plan and implement volunteer appreciation events and other activities that support the programs and provide opportunities to expand volunteer involvement.
- Design volunteer program proposals.
- Maintain current volunteer files.
- Report regularly and annually to the executive director as to volunteer’s accomplishments, needs and future plans.
- Maintain a current public relations program for the volunteer programs.
- Stay informed about new developments in the volunteer field.
- Prepare annual budget for the volunteer program.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Three to five years related experience.
- Demonstrated success in working with/building Volunteer Programs.
- Excellent written, communication, public speaking, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to travel on a regular basis to Agency Programs
Salary: Compensation package includes competitive pay, excellent benefits, generous paid time off, and retirement savings plan. Salary will commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How to apply: Email your cover letter and resume to: (1) Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Human Resources Department; P.O. Box 15095, Los Angeles, CA 90015, fax to (213) 251-3402, firstname.lastname@example.org
1531 James M. Wood Blvd., P.O. Box 15095, Los Angeles, CA 90015 | Phone: (213) 251-3400 Fax: (213) 380-4603
© 2009 All Rights Reserved Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Inc. | Catholic Charities of Los Angeles is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, public benefit corporation accredited by the Council on Accreditation