Nutrition Educator – St. Margaret’s Center
The St. Margaret’s Center provides emergency and supportive services to low-income and homeless individuals and families in the LAX area of Los Angeles. Seeking an organized individual to coordinate the SNAP-ED Nutrition Program for the Center.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate all aspects of the nutrition education program at the center.
- Liaison with Local (Los Angeles County) Implementing Agencies (LIA’s) in implementing the program and receiving approval from them for sites and coordination of activities.
- Liaison with Catholic Charities of California, the State Implementing Agency (SIA).
- Provide nutrition education to the SNAP (CalFresh) eligible population and other poverty-level participants.
- One-on-one general nutrition education
- Delivery of general nutrition education in a classroom or group setting
- Staffing health fairs and other community or promotional events where nutrition education messages are delivered
- Distribution of linguistically and culturally appropriate nutrition education materials
- Document educational and policy/systems/environmental work.
- Assist in writing progress reports and preparing quarterly reports.
- Maintain program reporting and tracking systems.
- Supervise “promotora” staff hired to work on the project.
- Establish new sites to deliver services in the local community or at other Catholic Charities of Los Angeles sites.
- Coordinate activities with CalFresh application enrollment and other services at center.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred two years of college required.
- One to three years of related experience required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English – oral and written skills) required.
- Knowledge of nutrition education.
- Good oral and written Spanish/English communication and presentation skills.
- Display sensitivity, tact, and responsiveness in various situations and needs.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships in the community.
- Handle public contact effectively.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Hours: Full –Time, 40 hours per week, M-F, flexible schedule, possible weekends
Salary: $35,380 Annually + Generous Benefits Package
How to apply: Simultaneously mail, email or fax resume to (1) Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Human Resources Department; P.O. Box 15095, Los Angeles, CA 90015, fax to (213) 251-3402, firstname.lastname@example.org EOE; and (2), Program Manager, email@example.com.
Email submissions preferred, no calls please.