Program Director – Immigration and Refugee Resettlement Program
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. is a 501 © (3) non-profit public benefit corporation that serves people without regard to race, sex, age, or religion. The Immigration and Refugee Resettlement (IRR) Program of Catholic Charities is a Board of Immigration Appeals recognized agency that has served thousands of immigrants and refugees over many decades. IRR provides immigration and refugee services, including refugee resettlement, legal applications for naturalization and family-based immigration petitions.
The Immigration and Refugee Program Director will be responsible for the oversight and supervision of all aspects of the IRR program in its Los Angeles and Glendale offices. The Program Director will promote service delivery and continuous quality improvement that is aligned with Catholic Charities’ mission of providing services to the poor and vulnerable and advocating for social justice. The Program Director oversees community outreach and citizenship workshops and develops relationships with other non-profits, funders, businesses, and donors.
The IRR Program Director reports to the Director of Intra-Agency Programs.
- Plans, organizes and oversees IRR programs. Supervises Associate Program Director, program managers and immigration legal staff.
- Develops and executes IRR’s fundraising strategies. Increases the Immigration Program’s visibility in the community and media.
- Represents Catholic Charities at community meetings and events.
- Participates in legislative advocacy at local, state and national levels.
- Prepares IRR for significant changes in immigration law and their impact on program development and client services.
- Ensures compliance with contract provisions, government regulations and ethical rules.
- Drafts program budget, monitors funding compliance and evaluates fiscal performance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partner organizations and pro bono attorneys.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; Master’s degree or J.D. strongly preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in the nonprofit sector and four years managing a diverse workforce
- Public-speaking and community networking experience
- Experience fundraising in the private and foundation sectors is essential.
- Preferred: Spanish speaking and experience with immigrants and refugees
Our office is located at 1530 James M. Wood Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015. This position will require regional travel. Mileage is reimbursed.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package, including health, dental, vision, 10 paid sick days per year, 15 paid vacation days per year and 12 paid holidays/year. All new hires are subject to a 6 month probationary period and background check.
How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Human Resources Department; P.O. Box 15095, Los Angeles, CA 90015, fax to (213) 251-3402, email@example.com, No phone calls please.