Residence Attendant – Good Shepherd Center
Good Shepherd Center for Homeless Women and Children consists of three shelters. Languille Emergency Shelter is a 12 week emergency shelter for women just off the streets. They provide food, clothing, shelter, referrals and supportive services for up to 30 woman a night, Hawks Residence Transitional Housing supports up to 30 women transitioning from emergency shelter to permanent housing and Farley House is a twenty one, one bedroom apartment building providing transitional housing to single women, and women with children. Good Shepherd Center is seeking a dependable, caring individual to work on-call and temporary full-time who has experience working with the homeless population.
- Provides first line of staff presence in residential shelter.
- Implements rules and policies governing shelter operations.
- Assists residents with problems and questions.
- Answers phones and monitors front door and guest.
- Ensures shelter residents comply with rules and policies of the program.
- Observes and records significant activities.
- Provides general information and direction to the public.
- Oversees volunteer activities.
Qualifications: Completion of high school or the equivalent. Six to twelve months of related experience.
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Hours: On-Call as Needed
Salary: $11 per hour
How to apply: Mail resume to Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc., P.O. Box 15095, Los Angeles, CA 90015, fax to (213) 251-3402 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE.